Last updated: 02/12/20
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT ABOUT CUSTOMERS THAT YOU PROVIDE:
Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account, place an order, or make requests, we ask you for your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, demographic information, and other information you choose to provide.
Payment Information. When you make a purchase, we will collect that payment card information. Depending on your chosen payment option, we may use a third party service provider that handles payments for us and will receive your payment card information.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Service team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send us, and other information you may choose to provide. We may also record your calls with our Customer Service team to handle your inquiry and for training, research and product development purposes.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICE:
Location Information. When you use our Services, we receive your precise location information. We also infer your more general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your more general geographic region).
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services.
Widget Information. Other websites may integrate our widgets. When you visit a site with our widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the web page you visited, your IP address, and other information about your device. Our company and the widget can recognize you across websites containing our widgets, and the widget may be used to show personalized content or advertising. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
- User Feedback. We receive information about ratings and reviews that you post when you use our Services.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
Information from third party services. If you choose to link our Services to a third party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, and your use of the third party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third party accounts to learn about your options.
Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your contact information (meaning email address, phone number, and billing and/or shipping address) for the following purposes only:
- We use your email address to help you create, manage, and maintain an account on our Services, to communicate with you, provide you with updates or information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and for marketing purposes, such as to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news, and events that we think may interest you;
- We use your billing and shipping address to process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders, etc.; and/or
- We use your email address and phone number to send you security alerts, shipping notifications, and other administrative messages and to provide customer support.
We use other information we collect:
- To customize our Services and product offerings to present you with tailored content, such as (i) remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on our website;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities, and improve our Services and product offerings;
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and Services, including customer service;
- To record purchases that you have made through our Services;
- To allow you to post comments and communicate with us through our Services, including on our social media pages;
- To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications, such as social networks;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To process your information to evaluate your application if you apply for a job;
- To protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our TOS or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
HOW DO WE SHARE CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Third Party App Integrations. If you connect a third party application to our Services, we may share information with that third party.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services.
Aggregated Form. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise de-identified information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our Services. You may also manage and update your information, or close your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Communications. If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails sent by one of our brands, simply click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your account.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 16 years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children.
NOTICE OF CHANGES
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Volum, LLC Registration
©2019 Volum LLC